Thursday, August 7, 2014

Stranger Danger: Every kid is going to get abducted

I've spoken before on how everyone is stupid for thinking America is filled with violent thugs waiting to steal your car, your daughter and all your guns (oh wait that the govermants harhar.)

I'm not going to claim there aren't legitimate threats in this world. I've been  mugged in my own neighborhood and it hasn't stopped me from getting out and about in my neighborhood. I can't live under constant fear of the outside world, it would drive me insane. However, I know how to watch for potential threats and take action accordingly.

Also, I was mugged by someone from the other side of the city and he was caught within an hour because the people in the neighborhood don't want that kind of bullshit in their back yards.

Fox 2 posted about a man posing as undercover cops offering children candy to get into his car. The kids did exactly what anyone should do when confronted by an undercover cop with candy and bugged out.

I feel I got similar stranger danger training from my parents that these kids did. Don't get into a stranger's car, no matter what. If someone tries to get you to get into their car, run away. If they grab you, go for the eyes or the balls to get away. Then they pushed me out the door because they were tired of dealing with me for the day and it was only ten in the morning.


I can't even imagine how fucked up her son is going to be in the future if mommy doesn't let him roam free. Boys especially need to jump fences and poke dead bodies with sticks without their parents hovering over them.


So hovering over this person's profile shows her job as All Star Mom at Full Time Mommy, effectively taking away any shred of personality she may or may not have possessed before having a kid. I imagine people like this spent "crazy" nights in Vegas by drinking too many overpriced martinis and telling her friends she loves them while crying at a five dollar craps table.

Though I sometimes wished people like this live around me. My neighborhood is filled with loud kids wandering around being kids. 


What did you do, go out and card them? I recognize all the kids who wander my neighborhood at this point. These two were using the buddy system and maybe their mother looks out for neighborhood kids and expects everyone else to as well. You know, like how a community works. Just look out the window and see if there's some kids being kids.


Avoid vehicles? Like, don't play in the street? Or maybe just tell kids not to get into cars with people they don't know. Kids aren't stupid, yet people for some reason think none of them can think for themselves or recognize danger.

It's a wonder we've survived as a species this long!


You see what all the time? Bullshit news reports about kids being abducted, or actual abductions? Because either one needs to be addressed.

If I could be that asshole without kids who talks about how best to raise your kids for just a second. Don't push your fears onto your kids or they'll just grow up jumping at shadows and never getting a chance to explore. They'll miss out on important lessons you should be teaching, like "Don't take candy from strangers" because you decided it's not worth teaching since they're going to be chained to the radiator before and after school. 

Eventually that kid is going to break out and they will need all the information you can cram into their stupid little brains. Because free candy is a pretty awesome deal to a nine year old if they don't know better


No comments:

Post a Comment